Monday, July 23, 2012

MAYDAY, MAYDAY!!!

Well folks, I haven't posted in a while...and you can bet it's because I'm not doing great.  I had a great start with two weeks of weight loss.  Then vacation happend, and you know, you can't diet on vacation, right?  Then my birthday, and you can't eat just one indulgent meal, you have to make it a full, week long culinary celebration.  This past week, well, no special circumstance, I just plain failed.  Anyway, I gained 1.4 last week and .8 this week. 

UGH!!!  I'm so frustrated with myself.  I'll do great for a few days, then fall hard off the wagon.  I'm uncomfortable in my clothes, teaching yoga classes, etc.  I weighed in tonight, so I hope to stay on track this week.  My plan of attack is to plan meals for the family so that we don't make/buy unhealthy meals in a pinch and exercise more.  Teaching yoga, I get lots of stretching and strength training.  My defecit is cardio.  I do NOT like running.  I enjoy walking, but the kids can't hang with me for long enough/far enough to make a dent.  I have a very nice elliptical machine in the family room, but neglect it.  I really need some inspiration in this department...

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Kate! You can do it, even if it takes a while. I read this somewhere the other day: 'When a farmer plants corn in his field, he doesn't come out the next day, look at the ground & say "dammit, that didn't work, I quit!"' In other words, your efforts today will pay off, just not tomorrow. Even a short walk/run with the kids is better than nothing, and will pay off in the long run, even if it doesn't feel like it's making a dent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there girl. It's tough no doubt, but don'focus on the negative. You are publicly holding yourself accountable which takes more courage than I will ever have, you are also TRYING which is better than 85% of Americans, and you are an inspiration to me and many others on our quest to lose weight. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete